Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Favorite Fruit Smoothie

You know one of my favorite things about the vegan diet? The boost in Vitamin C: I hardly ever get sick anymore, it makes my skin glow, and I notice that little nicks and scrapes heal faster. Not to mention, the sources of Vitamin C are super yummy! My favorite smoothie has just four ingredients, is really simple to make, and it packs in the good nutrients. Also, it's a meal for under 200 calories :) Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 cup almond milk

2/3 - 3/4 cup sliced strawberries

1/2 cup raspberries

1 frozen banana


Directions:

Well, you all know how to make a smoothie: into the blender it all goes! If you're really having a sweet-tooth, you can add a little sweetener (like Splenda or Stevia) to taste, but the fruit is makes it nice and sweet to begin with.

Note:

If you use frozen berries, the taste is a little more tangy, but still delish! In my opinion, it's even a little better :)

Also, you can add more good stuff into the smoothie! Need your dark greens, but don't like the taste? Try blending a handful of spinach in along with everything else. I promise, you can't taste it at all, though the color might be a little off-putting if you let it sit for a few minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment